Remember in my 'About Me' section that I would share healthy AND indulgent recipes? Well this is a guilty pleasure. And when you have a stinky day, you just need to finish it with something good, buttery, salty and delicious--you feel me?
I'm a sucker for pasta; pasta salad, white sauce, red sauce, baked pasta, etc. If it has pasta in it, i'll probably really enjoy it. I like to act like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen because I read Bon Appetit and Food & Wine magazine. So let's just forget the fact that I'm a total amateur and trust me with this recipe. Because it IS GOOD. Like so good you'll eat it with your fingers and forget you're a civilized human for 20 minutes.
I made this recipe from my love of all the ingredients and thought to combine them. So I won't give you precise measurements because you might be like "oh i LOVE bacon, let me add more" or like "I LOVE butter and it's been a really crappy week so let me Paula Dean the crap out of this dish". So here it is and if you try it, TELL ME! My husband already requested it to be on the rotating menu. And I've had me flops than delectable delicious dishes come from my tiny brain.
- Thin Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 sprigs of thyme (cut with herb scissors or finely chopped)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary (cut with herb scissors or finely chopped)
- 5 slices of bacon (chopped in small pieces)
- Grated Parmesan
- Crushed Garlic
- Reserved Pasta Water
- Okay when you cook pasta the only chance you get to season the noodle is with the water you will boil it in. SALT the heck out of the water. As Mario Batalli says; "make sure it's like sea water!". Bring salty water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente (little firm bite)
- Drain Pasta and reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Take a big skillet and drained pasta and place in skillet (still hot), add butter and garlic.
- Once melted and even throughout, add bacon and herbs. Toss again to coat evenly.
- Last add LOTS of grated parmesan and toss toss toss.
- The very last step is add pepper and a little pasta water to salt it up and make it moist (that word creeps me out)
- Eat the heck out of it because it is SO GOOD!